Monday 15 November 2010

*Scan weekend - {6th-7th} November*

Arriving back from the Cairngorms late on Tuesday night, the thought of having a rest the next morning was what I was really looking forward to, but as usual, the next morning I was straiight back on the train and back to Bangor to get my leaflet finished and completed before the weekend's activities begun!

Thursday 4th, Kane Brides arrived and on Friday 5th, Craig Brookes arrived in Bangor, whom both were joining me for their first time at SCAN Wader Ringing Group.

Throughout the weekend we made a couple of successfull catches, enabling both Craig and Kane to experience something different for a change as they don't get the opportunity to handle waders that often.

Species caught during the weekend included:- Redshank, Oystercatcher, Lapwing, Knot, Dunlin, Curlew, Snipe and a lonely Starling.

Huge thanks to Steve Dodd for yet another successfull weekend's cannon-netting.. To the team for making everything work quickly and efficiently and to Craig Brookes and Kane Brides for their help during the weekend. I hope both of you had a great time and hopefully see you both again soon.

If anyone would like to take part in one of the weekend sessions with Scan Wader Ringing Group, pleae feel free to contact me through my blog and we would be happy to have you along. Sessions include cannon-netting and mist-netting at night, although the latter is weather dependent.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, I have been following your birding and ringing exploits on your blog for a while now and was interested in your recent invite for people who might like to come along to one if the wader ringing weekends. I have done some wader ringing in the last month with swale and humber groups and would be very interested in visiting SCAN too. Especially to see the cannon netting side of things. Could you supply me with any more information on the groups activities? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gavin, Apologies for not contacting you sooner, but I have been rather busy lately so I have emailed you details of the upcoming SCAN weekend. If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to contact me. Chris.

    ReplyDelete