Thursday 9 September 2010

My next trip to south-west scotland!

Just a quick post this afternoon. From tomorrow I shall be away in Dumfries and Galloway in south-west scotland for a week, doing some birding with the family. The laptop is about to get packed so I shall update once up in the north.

Several swallows still buzzing around the garden this morning, soon these will be on their way to africa and the Pink-footed geese and our icelandic whooper swans on their way to us. Please keep an eye out for any Whooper swans with red darvics on this winter as these will be the birds that we caught and ringed in iceland this summer. Please send sightings to Kane @ kanebrides@googlemail.com

Bye for now and bring on scotland!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    Where abouts are you staying in D&G? Great place always longing to get back myself.

    Nice blog by the way.

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colin,

    Many thanks for commenting on my blog. I have been coming to D+G for 11 years now and we are staying in Kirkcudbright for the week.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete