Thursday 14 January 2010

A few pictures of birds ringed in September plus a few extras...

You are probably wondering how and where I ringed this bird above... Well, I didn't... This bird was caught at Spurn Point Bird Observatory on the Humber Estuary on 15th September 2009 whilst myself and Stephen Menzie were down there for the weekend birding. This bird can be aged as a {3} {born in 2009} with the white arrows on the primaries and a very pointed tail.

The Sparrowhawk and Nuthatch were ringed at Woolston Eyes Nature Reserve on 11th September, {5th and 6th record for the reserve}. Thanks to Stephen for inviting me along.

2 comments:

  1. that was really nice to read that.. that was really great post.. it seem great information and awesome images that r really great...for more information on pest bird control, bird control, bird repellent, pest bird, pigeon deterrent, pigeon deterrents u can visit http://www.usabirdcontrol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter,
    Thanks for that, if I ever need any of that I will be sure to contact you, cheers

    ReplyDelete